Re: Help with indicator code

At 8:17 PM -0500 3/27/00, SJ Norris wrote:

>I'm stuck on the "Value1=..." line of the following indicator.  I keep
>getting an error highlighting the parenthesis after the five and the
>message, "more inputs expected here".  Like what??? Any suggestions would be
>appreciated.
>

>Inputs: r(15),ZeroLine(0);
>
>Value1=Function(Close,r,5);
>Value2=Function(Function(Close,r,5),5);
>
>Plot1(Value1, "BlaBla");
>Plot2(Value2, "Blabla");
>Plot3(ZeroLine, "Blabla");

The PowerEditor thinks the function called "Function" requires more than three inputs.

Since you have not posted the code for the "Function" function, it is hard to see what the trouble is.

You have also supplied only two inputs to the

   Value2=Function(Function(Close,r,5),5);

You are again calling the function "Function" but this time there are only two inputs:

   Input 1     Function(Close,r,5)
   Input 2     5

I am assuming you also wrote the function "Function". It would be better to use more descriptive names for functions you write to make it easier to remember what they are at a later date.

Bob Fulks