From: Dennis Holverstott <dennis@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, March 27, 2000 6:43 PM
Subject: Re: ADX jumps

> I noticed that ADX is a Series function, which calls DMI (a Simple
> function), which calls DMIPlus and DMIMinus (Series functions).  I
> thought maybe that had something to do with it, but when I tried
> replacing DMI with a Series function it didn't change anything.

Just a thought and I have no idea if it will work in this case. I've
occasionally gotten a stubborn custom indicator to go by putting all the
function code into the indicator and not calling any external functions.

Until I learned more about the simple/series thing and started writing
custom functions, I used to do almost all my indicators and systems that
way. Simple example, without a custom function you can't take an
xaverage of a var so I would just paste the xaverage logic into the
indicator. The bad news is more complex code but the good news is you
can often write more efficient code because you often end up calculating
the same thing several times when you call external functions.

--
  Dennis