Memory Management

Lawrence and Bill,

I've tried FreeMem Professional, RamBooster, and now MemTurbo.

RamBooster is an excellent program, to be sure, but IMHO MemTurbo is
preferable. Reason: it offers a cache optimization utility and, furthermore,
a Hot Key combination which causes it to free memory immediately. You'll
appreciate this when the mouse cursor freezes and all you have left for
command entry is the keyboard.

FreeMem Professional seemed, on occasion, to cause computer freezes rather
than prevent them, and so I was soon looking for another tool. This was some
time ago, though, and the program may well be stable now, but I haven't
checked.

You might have a look at http://speedup.hypermart.net/ram.htm for a good
overview of dozens of available RAM utilities.

Regards,

Michael