Beware! Hideous BMI Feed problem...

I've not been following the list for a few weeks, so this may have
already been addressed by others.

If not:

I want to relay my recent experience with BMI--a very serious problem
that I discovered only after meticulously examining-- and then comparing
to S&P Comstock data I get from an office feed.  I confirmed this week
that since December/January, BMI Cable had been sending me BOTH
real-time AND delayed stocks data (NYSE, AMEX, NASDAQ).  My intra-day
systems were experiencing horrible performance and I couldn't understand
why.  Here's why:  A tick comes in and is saved in Server.  20 minutes
later the SAME tick comes in again (over the delayed feed), and is again
saved in Server.  For some reason TS 4 Server (or the BMI box?) doesn't
deal with the time stamp appropriately.  My charts (and systems) just
think its a new tick and display/issue orders on that basis.

Yikes.

I spoke with *5* BMI reps in Tech Support before nailing them on this
and confirming it was a problem.  Most irritating of all:  the 5th
person finally let out of the bag that they had been aware of the
problem since January!

They solved my problem--yesterday.  I insisted they credit me with 3
months of service.  If you have expereinced similar problems, do call
them and get a credit.  You may also need them to "reprofile" your BMI
box.  Also--you had better download refresh tick data from the Omega
site if you do back-testing.  It makes a big difference.  (Now if Omega
could just provide consistently high-quality and *complete* tick refresh
data.)

Best Regards
Ian MacAuslan