Emini tick counts and TS4 vs PS2ki

Tick counts on the emini have become an obsession with me lately since
discovering how poorly the PS2ki/GS/BMI Data Manager configuration seems to
be working under Win98 versus TS4 under Win95.  BMI vs DTN has also been of
interest since the deterioration of the former vs upgrading of the latter.
On Tuesday the TS4 count was quite a surprise.  It is true that HistoryBank
collects data from DTN and I believe they use ProSuite to do it.  Therefore
I was quite surprised when TS4 off of BMI satellite had essentially the same
tickcount as HistoryBank for the 9:30 to 16:15 period of 22343.  They were
within one tick of being the same.  Unfortunately my PS2ki still lagged by
its usual 20% and I don't believe it is PS2ki's fault.  Its becoming clearer
that the BMI Data Manager may be the culprit in the tickloss.  If you are
using PS2ki with the BMIDM then open the Data Manager and watch the
Reception flip from "OK" to "ADJ" during the day. Especially late in the day
when memory leakeage and resources may have built up to more serious levels.
The percent loss in emini tick count increases as the day progresses.   This
Reception indicator may lead you to think that data is not coming from the
satellite but it may also indicate that the UART is not getting serviced
properly to send data to the BMIDM.  That in my estimation is where the
bottleneck is and the first solution is to change data feeds, as buffered
serial ports are not necessarily the answer.  Remember the standard UART on
a motherboard comport is a 16550, or 16 byte buffer.  I dropped the FIFI on
the TS4 computer to the next to the lowest setting and the tick count went
up to what a friend of mine is getting on DTN with Ensign everyday, infact I
routinely get more ticks than he does.  It does make the cpu work a bit
harder but it can handle it.

BobR