Re: What is this Sygate ?

> Does everyone using Sygate experience this or is there a solution
> other than rebooting?
> <<<
> The only negative with Sygate is several times during my day the server
> will lose it's multiuse ability and this requires a reboot.

I run the Sygate server on NT4 SP5.  It is absolutely rock-solid and
nearly problem-free.  Maybe 3-4 times in the last 6 months the
clients have lost ability to connect to the net for some reason, but
this does NOT require a reboot.  I just open the Sygate server, shut
down the service and restart, and everything is fine.  Takes 10
seconds.

For a while (during my "NT re-install hell" period) I moved the
Sygate server to a W95 system.  This was a nightmare.  The server
continually hung, messing up W95 fairly severely and requiring a
reboot.  It was unusable, or at least untrustable.

I eventually heard back from Sybergen support that I should install
DUN 1.3 and Winsock 2.0, and that would solve the problems.  But by
that time I had moved Sygate back to the NT system and didn't try it.
 I don't know how to check the DUN and Winsock versions on W95, but
I'm pretty sure I had already installed Winsock 2.0 on that system to
use Sygate as a client.

Gary