RE: Global Server won't open

Heaven forbid that they would open a status window to tell you what's going
on during this time.....

-----Original Message-----
From: Sentinel [mailto:rjbiii@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2000 17:49
To: Andrew.Richman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Omega List
Subject: Re:Global Server won't open

If you had a crash of the GlobalServer or OS while the GlobalServer is
running
it may take an extremely long time for it to open. Just let it sit and it
will
eventually open. After a crash it needs to recreate a large number of files
and
re-index the .pds files (data files). I collect an extremely large number of
symbols, and after a windows crash it has taken as long as 45 mins for the
GlobalServer to open.

"When death's dark stream I ferry o'er
In heaven itself I'll ask no more
Than just a Highland welcome."