Re: Best way to buy books

One of my regular daily searches on eBay under "Books" is for
"(trading,stocks,options,futures)".

Yes, occasionally something interesting comes up.

Yes, I am clearing out the last of my trading books/courses/etc, although my
experience in the eBay trading book department, is that it is rare to find
bids over $10-20 on any item and extraordinary to find bids over $100 --- a
few days ago, I sold a copy of Angell's "Day Trading with Precision" for $65
when I had bought it new for $95.  In my experience, that was unusual, both in
total dollar amount and in the ratio of bid amount/new price; my subjective
impression is that that ratio is usually more like 10-25% for trading books on
eBay.

I have several trading books/systems that I paid significantly over $100 for,
for example $4000 for Ed Moore's course, and I'll be damned if I can find any
place to offer them that that has any reasonable chance of allowing me to
recoup any signficant portion of my original purchase price.  For example,
I've offered Moore's course on several trading newsgroups for $1500 and get
only low-ball offers.  I've never seen anything on eBay's trading
book/course/system go for more than around $150.  Most of the books sell for
around $5-10.

What amuses me about myself is that I really enjoy eBay for its own sake.  I
just get a big hit out of buying and selling, and it doesn't really matter for
what.  When I was a kid, it was with model trains; then bicycles; then once I
got my driver's license, sports cars and motorcycles; then once married,
fixer-upper homes; now S&P and eBay.  In my next life (and it would be worth
it for me to believe in reincarnation if it would allow me to do this), I want
to take on Cal Worthington and "his dog Spot" (which sometimes would be a dog,
and othertimes a chimpanzee, and occasionally a [fill in the blank]).  For
those unfamiliar, Cal W. was one of the first huge car dealership TV hustlers
in Los Angeles, who'd bark "I'll stand on my head to make a deal," and then in
front of the camera with his cowboy duds and boots on, he'd get down on his
hands and knees and do a headstand.  Another great fantasy of mine is to be
another Randy "Macho Man" Savage, "Hulk" Hogan, or Ric "Nature Boy" Flair, but
I'm going have to put unusual effort in getting there as I'm all of 5"9" and
155 lb. and my back hurts and I wear glasses.