Re: Array functions in TS2000i

"marQ" <mcerar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Does anyone have access to the list of new EL Array functions in TS2000i?
>If its not too much trouble could you post them here?  I would also
>like to know if any of them are matrix functions - in other words functions
>that would allow you to, say, multiply each individual element of an array
>by a constant in one operation instead of looping through each element,
 doing
>a multiplication, and then storing the result in a new array?

Here's the list:

Average_a(AvgArray, ArraySize)

AvgDeviation_a(AvgDevArray, ArraySize)

coeffR_a(IndArray, DepArray, ArraySize)

Correlation_a(IndArray, DepArray, ArraySize)

Covariance_a(IndArray, DepArray, ArraySize)

DevSqrd_a(DevSqrdArray, ArraySize)

HarmonicMean_a(HarMeanArray, ArraySize)

Highest_a(HighestArray, ArraySize)

Kurtosis_a(KurtosisArray, ArraySize)

Lowest_a(LowestArray, ArraySize)

LinRegForecast_a(IndArray, DepArray, ArraySize, X)

LinRegIntercept_a(IndArray, DepArray, ArraySize)

LinRegSlope_a(IndArray, DepArray, ArraySize)

Median_a(MedianArray, ArraySize)

Mode_a(ModeArray, ArraySize, Type)

NormalCumDensity_a(NDArray, ArraySize, Price)

NormalDensity_a(NDArray, ArraySize, Price)

NthHighest_a(NthHighArray, ArraySize, NthValue)

NthLowest_a(NthLowArray, ArraySize, NthValue)

Percentile_a(PcntileArray, ArraySize, Pcntile)

PercentRank_a(PcntileArray, ArraySize, RankVal)

Quartile_a(QuartileArray, ArraySize, Quart)

Rank_a(RankArray, ArraySize, Value2Rank, SortOrder)

RSquared_a(IndArray, DepArray, ArraySize)

Skew_a(SkewArray, ArraySize)

SortDown_a(SortArray, ArraySize)

SortUp_a(SortArray, ArraySize)

StandardError_a(IndArray, DepArray, ArraySize)

Standardize_a(StdizedArray, ArraySize, StdizedValue)

StdDevP_a(StdDevArray, ArraySize)

StdDevS_a(StdDevArray, ArraySize)

Summation_a(SummArray, ArraySize)

Trimmean_a(TrimmeanArray, ArraySize, PcntExcluded)

VarianceP_a(VarianceArray, ArraySize)

VarianceS_a(VarianceArray, ArraySize)

These are all functions for single dimensional arrays (vectors).  Thus,
they really are not "matrix" functions at all...  Thus, what you ask about,
 multiplying an array by a constant, is not an included function since it
is such a trivial operation when performed on a vector.

Good trading,

OM