Re: Equity indicator

Sunkist1448@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Some months back I seem to remember an indicator that calculated
> the net profit of a system.
> I want to use net profit as a condition to change position size.

If you just want a number to use in your system, you can use
NetProfit.  (See the Performance Information section in the Function
Wizard of the Power Editor.)  In an indicator you can use
I_OpenEquity or I_ClosedEquity.  (Those functions aren't documented
online, but they are in the manual.)

If you want an indicator that shows the *history* for a system, you
can find one at ftp://ftp.frii.com/pub/fritz .  eqcurve.ela (and
eqcurve.txt if you want the ASCII version) contains an "Equity Curve
Date" indicator that plots the equity after every trade, day, week,
month, quarter, or year.  Up periods are plotted in green, down
periods in red.  The indicator also plots the date associated with
each bar, and prints the equity per period to the Print Log.  See the
comments in the source for details.

Gary