Ralph Vince's R6 Risk of Ruin Formula ...

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Ralph Vince's R6 Risk of Ruin Formula ...
  • From: Andrew <andrew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 17:55:31 -0800

Has anyone on the list successfully coded Ralph Vince's formula "R6" for Risk of
Ruin found in his book "Portfolio Management Formulas : Mathematical Trading
Methods for the Futures, Options, and Stock Markets "?

I have programmed it, but am highly skeptical of the results.  This was the only
formula where he did not provide any examples.

If anyone has programmed it, I would love to hear from you.

With the following inputs:

OptimalF = 0.5
WinPercent = 0.35
MaxLoss = -3