Re: EL _ Strings

William Brower wrote:

> There is an undocumented function that allows you to do this.  I use it to
> convert Boolean to text for debugging when embedding strings in the Expert
> Commentary. The function is Text(variabletobeconvertedtotext).
>
> If your variable is XYZ then you would FileAppend(filename.txt, Text(XYZ));
> This feature should be used with caution since it is undocumented and has
> been known to create strangeness such as Windows Locking and weird
> results.  It works well with Boolean. In TS4.0 there was no problem and it
> easily converted any for of characters to string.  TS2000 is not so agreeable.

That's interesting to know, but "weird" to use?   I'll try it for kicks
maybe.
But Bob Fulks suggestions is righton:

>   Var: Str1("");
>   if <your_variable> then Str1 = "TRUE" else Str1 = "FALSE";
>
>then use the variable Str1 in your FileAppend statement.

It's even simpler:

  Input: Boolval(false);
  Var: BoolStr("false");

  IF Boolval = true then BoolStr = "True" ;

This of course is good only for a one-time event, else the "else" would
be
needed.

Odd that the Inputs and variables are the same data types, but can't be
used equivalentally.  No big surprise I guess.

Thanks, guys.

donc