Re: Help with EL for relative strength of stock vs sector

  • To: "Barry Silberman" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Help with EL for relative strength of stock vs sector
  • From: "Randy" <rdsmith@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 05:47:06 -0800

I have done some work with RS and I think OM is correct you will probably
find better  results if you increase your lookback period.

you seem to be looking for stocks showing change (strength or weakness) with
their own sectors.  this may keep the spread small as you know most times
these
move in the same direction.

Another way (more work) would be to do RS for the sectors find the highest
relative strength sectors and then look at the RS of the individual stocks
in each sector and
compare their relative strength ranking against each other ... hopefully
giving you the
strongest of the sector.

Just another way

Randy Smith