Re: FW: Re[2]: SURVEY RESULT

Hello  Brian,

http://www.markbrown.com/twstudies.htm

BM> if i were you i would take the entire function set in TS and port it over to
BM> VB functions -- command for command (w/o stepping on copyrights) so that
BM> your VB environment worked as close to EL as possible without the errors.
BM> in other words, it would have the same functionality as EL which we are all
BM> familiar with and really sort of like but without the errors. that way, the
BM> migration from TS and TW would be as seemless as could be.  you would have
BM> to add 1 thing in that EL symbolizes the array you want to work on (C, H, L,
BM> O, etc) and you would have to pass that into the VB function but that's not
BM> hard espcially if there's a consistent way to do it throughout all functions
BM> in the library.

Working  on  it  as  you  can see.  There are many more that I haven't
updated to this list yet.  But the size is growing quickly..

BM> you know i like excel and use it a lot but not in a trading environment.
BM> the reason why is that excel is buggy and prone to GPs.  ts4 is more stable
BM> than excel IMO and i wouldn't trust it to run continuously throuhout the
BM> day.  i would prefer a redirect to a text file option.  much more reliable.

TW can do TEXT, In fact it has a built in export to text of the system
test runs.  Don't forget TW do basket optimization too.

BM> haven't checked this but ts5 is supposed to be COM compliant.  need to check
BM> this out.

it would be worth your time to see how limited their claim is...

>> Round off here and round off there makes big differences ...
>>
BM> i agree and i think ts4 is a piece of shit in this regards. i curse
BM> everytime it rounds off.  it does make a huge difference but what can you
BM> do.  however, it all seems relative within the context of the indicator, as
BM> long as the indicator is calculated consistently the same way everytime.

a  system  programmed  in TS is usually a convoluted propitiatory thing
that will not calculate the intended results as expected.

--
Best regards,
  Mark Brown                        mailto:markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx