Re: Symbol Universe Problem

At 11:48 AM -0600 2/29/00, Ivan Dobes wrote:

>Solution is quite simple:
>
>- Case A setup is correct.
>
>Why profits are 100 times larger than expected?
>
>- Because CD is trading at 0.6000 level and not 60.00 level.
>
>How to fix it? Again, simple:
>
>In Pinnacle $CLCLONG.ASC you divide CD prices by 100. e.g.
>
>C:\PINNACLE\ASCI_BCK\CD.ASC
>#STARTING DATE = 01/03/1978
>CD_CLC 1/100,2/100,3/100,4/100,6,7

I did figure that out. Some quotes show prices in the 60 to 70 range and some in the 0.6 to 0.7 range. I checked the BMI data and it is in the 0.6 to 0.7 range while the Pinnacle data was in the 60 to 70 range. Yesterday I did get the script that allows the Pinnacle data to be in the 0.6 to 0.7 range so all is well.

The confusing thing was the on-line help for Big Point Value in the Omega Server which refers to the Price Scale and seems to imply that it figures into how the system uses the Big Point Value. That is not the case. The use of the Big Point Value seems to be independent of all other settings.

The suggestion by Chris Baker to make sure the Server updated symbols helped eliminate some of the inconsistencies I was seeing.

It would be nice if someone had a clear explanation of how all of the settings in the symbol universe are actually used by TradeStation.

Thanks to all who replied.

Bob Fulks