From: Brian Massey [mailto:bnm03@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2000 10:34 AM
To: Omega List
Subject: RE: bmi cable lag

i talked to DTN this morning (man their customer service is great!  just
incredible.) about the different baud rate settings reported by Chris.  in
summary this is what they told me:

1. the global server is a passive server.  it accepts all the data coming in
from the reciever and selects that data it needs (as opposed to DTN's
software that only requests the symbols you've entered).
2. the global server is "optimized" (according to omega) to work on COM1 at
115,200BPS with DTN. IMO this seems a bit slow since global server just
opens itself up to whatever DTN sends.  you're bound to drop data.
3. if you want to the higher speed (460800BPS) then you need to a) to buy a
Pacific Commware TE920 high speed serial card and b) call omega to
have them help you change a setting in the registry.  you need to change the
baud rate on the software and the DTN reciever too.

bibi DBC!