Re: Re[4]: trends

<< Yes, maybe  we are saying the same thing.  What I find is that congestion
 or rests are usually 3 to 10 bars where prices move (trend  sideways or
 contrary to main move) then in usually 3 bars the price moves  to  a new
 congestion (rest area). >>

I call these pause areas retracements,  and when you hop onboard during
a retracement in the direction of the trend, you are thinking that the trend
will
continue.

I guess my view of congestion is what others would call a choppy market
lasting more than 10 bars  having close to a zero linear regression
slope of length x.

Does anyone have an idea about how to jump in during a retracement?

Jim