Re: [dynastore-qc] Refresh Dynastore omz???

Richard Josslin <TaoOfDow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Substantively, however, the Signal data has perhaps 25% of the
> ticks that the QFeed has.  Perhaps if one were trading on a longer
> time perspective, possibly 5-or more Minute charts, this paucity of
> data would not be noticeable or detrimental.  I am trading off of
> 2-Tick charts, however, and the paucity of the Signal data makes it
> almost useless for me.

FWIW:  I've seen differences in my *30-minute* bars between Omega's
supposedly-BMI/Signal data and BMI data from a friend's system.  The
differences in data were significant enough to result in several
missed trades using the Omega data.

Frankly I don't understand how anyone can expect to trade reliably
using 2-tick bars, given all the things that can happen to data
between the pit and your screen.  If it works for you, great -- but I
gotta wonder if it wouldn't work just as well with 1/2 or 2x as many
ticks.  You're already guaranteed to lose huge numbers of ticks,
what's a few more?

Gary