Re: Which holds promise

I agree with a lot of what Peter Hoon wrote. There are plenty of
discretionary traders who do quite well. They use subconscious thought
processes to read the market. They often aren't even aware themselves of
everything they are doing. Any attempt to program their methods into a
computer fails because they "just do it" and they really don't know how.

Where I have a problem is when these discretionary traders try to teach
their methods to others. If they can't teach the method to a computer
(system) why do they think their students will do any better? If the
rules are clear enough that a student can learn them, they should be
clear enough that they can be programmed. Let's face it. Genius can't be
taught.

--
  Dennis