Re: No more 60/40??

Sometime is wrong and unclear with your letter.  60/40 treatment
for what are called "1256" contracts applies to EVERY user.  It
has nothing to do with professional status.  The rule never had
anything to do with professional status but rather was an
outgrowth of the "mixed straddle" rule.  You also MUST mark 1256
contracts to market ... again without regard for status.  What
they ae looking at is a broader definition of the "mixed
straddle" rule and this would apply to all tradable items ....
not just options and futures and it appears fairly likely
....because this area has gotten so much attention
lately.....that some changes may occur.