Re: List Topics

Tom,

This list is not sponsored or maintained by Omega Research. It is sponsored
by Jim Osborn, who has been generous enough to make it freely and widely
available at his own personal expense. Over the years this list has evolved
to have its own personality. One of its personality traits is that there are
many topics covered that aren't related to OR products or even trading, but
that do relate to managing this trading business. This means that it allows
easy access for people who have questions that arise in the course of their
trading / investing activities. Sometimes this easy access has been abused,
but I for one have benefited many times over from presumably "off-topic"
comments from other list members that have given me valuable information
that has helped me. The latest round of firewall discussion is just one
example.

This list is not closely moderated so that is a fact you will just have to
accept. It is self-policing for the most part, and for the most part it runs
pretty well. Essentially this is a list for omega products users, not
strictly for omega product discussion. If your impression was that the
O-List only covered related topics to Omega products etc., then you may want
to take a minute to review the Etiquette section of the list "rules": (pay
particular attention to paragraph #2 below)

Etiquette
---------
This list is for the discussion of issues important to professional traders,
people who earn their living trading in the financial markets. It was
started as a forum for the ad hoc support of users, by users, of Omega
Research Corporation's TradeStation software. Later, users of Supercharts
and System Writer joined the fray. Please note, though, that Omega Research
has no official connection with the list, and neither approves nor sponsors
the content. Occasionally a member of the Omega team may listen in, and
perhaps contribute, but not in any official capacity.

Although the list was started with an Omega support function in mind, list
members frequently discuss other, non-Omega related trading topics. Any
subject is welcome, as long as it is pertains directly to serious trading.

Please respect the time and intelligence of the list's readers -- people who
may know more than many of us, and who don't have time for political
discussions or personal attacks.  The quality of answers we all receive to
our questions depends on our not driving away these knowledgeable readers
with noise.

-------
So my suggestion would be to post questions and comments on topics that are
of interest to you that are also in keeping with the spirit of the previous
3 paragraphs, and you will assimilate into this forum quite well.

Patrick White