RE: Which holds best promise?

"Poor entries will both reduce percent profitable trades and your average
trade."

good point.  i would also say that max drawdown (minimum account size) also
increases because larger stops are required to avoid whipsaw.  the ideal
entry point then is one that comes as close as possible the low of the move
(when long) since this is where the market found support.  the closer my
entry gets to this point, the closer i get to the ideal trade with minimal
risk and maximum upside. it's what i've written some of my systems to do
because i know that probablities favor the market staying above that point
of support than at any other point higher.  the farther i enter away from
this point, the farther from support my entry is, the more buying that has
already ocurred, and so the larger my stop and risk have to be if i place
stops that adjust to market conditions.  i've read often that entry is the
least important param but i have doubts that this applies to all
environments esp. intraday.  this assumes that i don't average down.