Re: there goes another one

  • To: "Phil Lane" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: there goes another one
  • From: Neal Hughes <neal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 10:03:49 -0800

At 07:40 AM 2/10/00 -0800, Phil Lane wrote:
>I hear what you're saying - I don't think it's manipulation except somehow
>they managed to keep the price from blowing out on the day in question. Did
>you see the SIZE of that volume spike?
>This was probably NOT an organized consortium of daytrading dentists. It
>must have been a giant mutual fund or something. I just think the timing of
>the day in question is extremely suspicious. Sure looks like somebody knew
>something, but maybe they were just guessing.
>
>Don't get me wrong, I'm glad stuff like this happens - It's a great clue!
>rgds phil

Phil,

I doubt it is price manipulation...

How do you inject a TON of buying for a stock, without raising the price?
The only way is to inject a ton of selling at the same time. Sometimes
these huge jumps in volume are just crosses of blocks of shares. Large
blocks are being transferred from one account to another.

Whether it's manipulation or not, you may could consider this in your
trading decisions..

-Neal.

Neal on the 'net.
Trade well. Train hard.