Re: System Testing: *Time* based vs. *Tick* based limitations?

  • To: Ian MacAuslan <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: System Testing: *Time* based vs. *Tick* based limitations?
  • From: Howard Jackson <hrjf4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 17:17:37 -0800

First, the 13,000 bar limitation on ts4 is for ANY
bars.
Second, the bouncing ticks setting will not affect
your system results unless you have more than one
stop/limit order on a bar. And then it will be so
minor you will probably not even notice it.
Thrid, bar assumptions and bouncing ticks apply to ALL
bars, regardless of how they are built.

(Shooting from the hip - meaning I don't have enough
information on what you are doing) If volatility is
increasing so much that you are getting stopped out
earlier, you should:
a) Adjust your stops so they factor in volatility when
calculating exit prices (preffered)
B) Use smaller bars