RE: Hope for the Future?

I agree that TS4 and standalone Ts2k will be pushed to the back shelf and
virtually abandoned.  Omega's existing customer base is not where its value
is located.  I, for example, have been a TS user since 1992 and I have
purchased every new version of TS.  I am now a fully paid up user of Ts2k.
Since I am paid up, I am not sending any more money to Omega.  Thus I am of
no value to Omega.  In fact I am a menace to Omega since I request that they
fix bugs and add omitted features.  All TS4 users are paid up and so are
most Ts2k users.  Omega must have new users and they are not getting many
from this group.  I am not buying any more Omega products because I am
furious that they tricked me into becoming an involuntary beta tester for
Ts2k from April 1999 until Jan 2000 when SP4b, the first stable, usable
version, was released. I will not switch to any internet version of Ts2k in
the near future since internet data feeds are not reliable yet.  I use DTN
sat which is extrememly reliable.  Thus, as I see it, Omega must come up
with new users from a different group.  I would say that the internet
software and data idea is a good one for Omega.  The new users that WOW and
Tradestation.com attract wont realize they have a poor package for a long
time since they wont know any better.  And Omega gets monthly income from
every one of them as long as they use the service.  In 5 years or so when
the internet can actually deliver data reliably, Ts.com type software may
work fine and then I will switch.  As a long term business model, selling
data is the only way to maintain a constant income stream.  The software
will probably become the tool Omega literally gives away so users can
display the data.  Sort of like Gillette which sells razor blades and gives
away razors.  Or HP which sells inkjet printer cartridges and almost gives
away inkjet printers.
Personally I intend to switch to Traderware and UMDS.  I resent Omega's
proprietary software and data since it prevents me from doing what I want
but most of all I resent Omega's indifference to loyal customers.
Bill Wood