Re: Delayed data? - What is delayed data?

Your test is interesting.  In talking to a tech rep Friday, BMI is seriously
considering dropping the delayed cable service.  No definite date has been
set.  Notices would go out in advance.  As for the satellite delayed vs
realtime he said it was a separate issue but that both cable and sat delayed
might be dropped.   I thought the delay was introduced in the satellite
receiver box through a "delay" profile, meaning that all data that goes into
the sat receiver is realtime, but comes out real or delayed depending on
what you are willing to pay for.  Perhaps someone who knows for sure can
comment on this.  BMI is still having bandwidth problems as the bid/ask on
opra for oex is dead for realtime data as far as I can tell.  End of day B/A
may be coming through but it doesn't update during the day, only the Last
and the time stamp do.  BMI says the heavy traffic since the first of the
year has overloaded the BWdth and they thought by now it would have cleared
up but it hasn't.  That is why they are considering dropping the delayed
cable service.  Apparantly the delayed cable data is bunched into a packet,
delayed and then sent whereas on the satellite it is all sent and then
delayed in the receiver.

BobR