Re: Product Announcement for "PowerST: The Power System Tester"

<<There 3 reasons why I want to replace TS 4.0 with something else:
1) 13,000 bars limitations on backtesting.
2) 64K limitation in executable code  includesystems does not allow the
passing of local variables - they have to be changed into inputs)
3) Mathematical accuracy. >>

This is why Omega has missed the boat in not meeting these needs and
producing a version of TS 4.0 Gold or something to that effect. I would add
a 4th, although not critical item, a very handy one for those of us who wish
to interface with TS through shipping versions of VB:

4) 32 bit program.

And while we're at it, I would add  the 5th and most important item, which I
don't believe Omega is capable of fixing:

5) Ability to forward test a system in real time (real time simulation or
real time trading) and get the same results that you would get from a
backtest. I'm tired of this baloney of reapplying a system and seeing system
results change.

TW has all of this and some additional portfolio testing features not found
in TS as well.
1) No practical limit on # of bars tested, except what the hardware can
handle.
2) No practical limit on size of code, except what the hardware can handle.
3) Double precision.
4) 32 bit program with the ability to create custom add-in modules and to
interface directly with TW through VB.
5) In TW the system results should be WYSIWYG.

Patrick White