From: DStan34930@xxxxxxx [mailto:DStan34930@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2000 19:34
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Sad days for data for TS4 traders

This is getting ugly on the datafeed end for TS4 traders.
  Anyone reading ALL the posts over the past month might come to
the same conclusions as mine...

Internet quotes:
Dynastore was a good idea but it's current technology still can't handle
fast markets. You also need to spring for a SDSL setup and a good
firewall and then the net is still only as reliable as it's weakest hub.
Wait for improved Dynastore technology and strong hubs?

Satelite quotes:

Signal: Been too slow for years. Nuff said.

BMI: Can't handle the flow anymore. "UP to 60% loss intraday"!!! Techs
say they'll make an "announcement" in 2-3 weeks. So do you wait to trade
with BMI 'til the "announcement"? What if the announcement is that
they'll
fix the problem this summer? And who's ready to be the BMI guinea pig
for the new solution?

FurureSource: I haven't heard much bad rap on this one other than
that pain-in-the butt tip card that goes in your box, higher costs, and
the
fact that all stored Futuresource data is left unreadable when your
account expires. Send all data to ascii, spring the extra bucks, and
hope that you're still happy with these people 10 month's from now
'cuz the contract's for 1 year? This looks best right now.

SP Comstock: Haven't heard much from anyone on this one except
their data is clean, they cost the most, and their symbols are weird.
Can't even find a website for them.

  If I missed anything or got it wrong please fire away. I'm not out to
throw my system, my account, nor my monthly fees out to incomplete
data a high prices.

waveedavee