custom symbol lists and chart scanner

I'm using TS2000 and have the following problem:  Whenever I run Workspace
Assistant (aka Chart Scanner) on a chart with a symbol selected from a
custom symbol list that I've created, TS cycles through the list from first
symbol to last and then runs a second time on the first symbol in the list.
Since I'm writing data out with a file append statement, this means that I
always have duplicate data for one symbol...

Does anyone know why this is happening or how I can fix it?

-Alex Dannenberg