Re: CPU at 100% utilization with TS2K

> Visual Basic 6 is intalled, but not VC++6

Similar. QA told me that they could only reproduce the problem on a
machine where VC++ is installed.

> Do you use NT4?

Yes. NT SP6a.

> Everything was fine with TS2K SP3
> (exept some very similar problems with the Virtual DOS Machine)
> But I remember that at this time even VB6 was not yet installed

It rings a bell. I had the following similar problem a year ago
with 4.0 and techsupport told me that it was because I had a
programming language compiler installed on the machine and they did
not know of a solution other than uninstalling the compiler and
reformatting HD:

[Offline data server for signal] Server: File | Portfolio | Add |
Lookup ... causes lock-up (time glass displayed forever) About:
Omega Server (Signal datafeed) 4.00.12:R:02/25/98:4.21

Any Microsoft software expert has a clue as to why the installation
of a MS compiler would interfere with an application?