Re: TS2000i SP3 Y2K Bug

> This has nothing to do with single or double precision that exists in 16 AND 32 bits applications.
> It's a compiler issue ( choice), not a processor issue.

You are right. But by "double precision" from Larry, I took it to mean that EL variables should use 2
32-bit words for implementation so that dates like 20000103 could be stored without losing accuracy
and we could do without 1000103. That would double the memory use for all variables including arrays.

I did make a mistake though. Memory used for native data stream series like Close, Volume etc would
not double under the suggested scheme since they are, according to SDK documentation, LONG's. So
Larry, I don't have a reservation as strong as before any more. Yet still, bear in mind that in series
functions (indicators and signals alike), each variable or array element takes MaxBarsBack times of
the memory used by a simple variable. That's could still be huge for certain studies.

Mats, any suggestion that the cinema's seats be doubled in size and half of the seats be removed from
the cinema would be ignored. One has to justify it, say, "this cinema is next to the Big and Tall
store."