[Fwd: FW: TS 4.0 bld 25 installed OK but NOT running with BMI]

  • To: "(to post) Omega-List" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [Fwd: FW: TS 4.0 bld 25 installed OK but NOT running with BMI]
  • From: Terry Wyss <tlwyss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 10:28:28 -0800

From: Melody Blais <Melody.Blais@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'tlwyss@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <tlwyss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 12:02:28 -0500

Hi Mr. Wyss,

I have listed the steps to correct the problem of expired contracts. Also,
Omega Research Technical Support is open today until 6:00 P.M. EST.

				Addressing the problem of the date changing
to 10/26/2000

Futures will become expired due to the 10/26/2000 date stamp.  To un-expire
your futures contracts you will need to perform the following steps.

1)	First you will need to rename your symbol.  To rename the symbol you
will need to Click on File - Portfolio.
2)	Highlight the symbol and click on the Rename button.
3)	Now rename the symbol to the current trading name and click on OK.
4)	Now you will need to copy out the data, delete the symbol, re-add
the symbol to your portfolio, and paste the data back in.

Copy-Out Data Procedure

This discusses the procedure for copying out data collected or contained in
the Data Server.
The procedure to do so is outlined below:
	1.	Data should be copied out after market hours from the
Off-Line Data Server. Copying out data while the Data Server is collecting
may cause problems.
	2.	In the Off-line Data Server click on File | Copy Out.
	3.	In the Target box type the full path of the filename to
contain the data.
	4.	Example: Type in C:\TSDATA\MYDATA where TSDATA is the name
of the directory and MYDATA is the filename. Do not type a file extension.
	5.	Select Intraday and Daily, and input the date range to copy
out.
	6.	Click on Add All.
	7.	Once these options have been selected, click the OK button
and the data will be copied out.
The copied out file will be one file with an OMZ extension. That file can
only be read using version 4.0 of the Data Server (or later). It is also a
proprietary format.

Paste-In Data Procedure for the version 4.0 Data Server

This discusses the Paste-In procedure available in the Data Server.
The procedure to paste in data is outlined below:
	1.	Data should be Pasted In before or after market hours from
the Off-Line Data Server. Pasting In data while the Data Server is
collecting may cause problems.
	2.	In the Off-line Data Server select the File | Paste In menu
sequence.
	3.	Select the directory where the file to be pasted in is
located.
	4.	Highlight the file(s) to Paste in and click either Auto
Paste or Custom Paste.
	5.	Auto Paste will automatically import any data in the
selected file(s) that the Portfolio has a corresponding symbol for. Data for
symbols that are contained in the file but not listed in the Portfolio will
not be Pasted In. Custom Paste will allow you to choose which symbols you
would like to Paste In for, as well as what specific dates of the available
data to Paste In.

Note:  We now have a patch available that addresses this issue should it
occur in the future.

Sincerely,
Melody A . Blais
Technical Support Supervisor
Omega Research, Inc.

Thank you for choosing Omega Research. In our constant effort to assist our
customers, please visit our Knowledge Base and Frequently Asked Questions
section at: <http://www.omegaresearch.com/knowledgebase/p01.asp> or
http://www.omegaresearch.com/faqs/p01.htm. Also, please note that this link
is available to you from the Help menu choice in all of our 2000i
applications.

"Satisfied customers are our top priority. Please let us know what you think
of the level of service provided. You can send feedback directly to our
Support Services Manager, Albert Paredes at aparedes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:aparedes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.> "