Re: Stock vs index

When a exchange / brokerage creates a index, they look at the stability of
the company. It has to have a audited financial / be in business for a while
etc. Most of the companies do not disappear all of a sudden. The bix/ sox /
fpp companies have been around for a while. Even the new indexes  dot / gsti
/ inx are composed of sound companies.

The only way to invest / trade these indexes is the Fidelity select funds
(cash basis) or using the Options on the CBOE.  The fidelity selects do not
own the index components, but are representative / very similiar to  them.

I dont think , any of the indexes trade as a future. Someone can correct me,
if i am wrong.

Mike