Re: Stock vs index

> It is a long time I dont trade stocks because,looks to me , they start and
> fall all together at the same time.

I believe you are CORRECT, generally speaking

> When these times come  you have to do a lot of work to get out quickly
from
> all stocks you have got in your portfolio.

This is one reason they invented index futures - you don't have to sell tons
of stocks, just sell some futures as a "substitute" sale hedge

> If  you have a strong bull market you dont have enougth money to buy them
> all.

NOTE: All you need is one or two of the strongest ones!

> I have tested 52 week high and all time high but these  are not a good
> strategies.
> So i am trading futures index, which I think I can handle better,but I was
> not really able to compare  index vs. stotcks given  the same amount of
> money.

Say you have a $50,000 account. Very roughly speaking, trading 100% invested
in stocks but without margin is about equivalent to trading about 2 emini SP
contracts. This is just a ballpark thing. More exact calculations can be
made by looking at the Average True Range for whatever stock versus the
Futures, and comparing the likely dollar swings.

> What I am missing?
> Thanks
> Mario

not much! hope this helps...