RE: No discernable Memory Leaks - TS4 v24

So we have those who claim no memory leaks and those who claim there are
serious memory leaks. Here's a way to put the issue to rest.  I don't know
how to do this in Win98 or Win95 (maybe there's perfmon for WinXX) but in NT
checking memory usage is realtively easy.  Use the task manager and the
process tab on the task manager

1. With TS4 running in NT, press ctrl-alt-del
2. Click Task Manager button
3. Click the processes tab on the task manager
4. Look for a process called NTVDM.EXE (this is the 16 bit shell for NT)
5. Under NTVDM.EXE you will see all of the TS4 apps running.  Unfortunately,
memory is not broken down by app (but it is for TS5!!!) but that's ok.  Look
at the Mem Usage field.  Make a note of it in the morning.  Then go back in
a few hours and make another note.  Come back the next morning and look at
it again.  If the numbers keep getting larger then TS4 has a memory leak.
If they oscillate then note the max and min to make sure that the trend
isn't up but stay within a range.  This is a quick and dirty, generally
accepted way to monitor memory usage.

You can also do this same thing in Perfmon (chart and log) except record the
memory usage for offline inspection.  From Start > Run type perfmon.