Re: Need 6% data in Bonds

> THE CBOT HAS DEVELOPED A CONVERSION ALGORITHM TO CONVERT OLD
> 8% BASIS PRICES TO 6% PRICES AND HAS PUBLISHED THE CLOSING PRICES
> FOR BONDS AND NOTES.   YOU CAN SEE THIS ALGORITHM AT:
>          www.cbot.com/ourproducts/financial/coupon.html

Thanks for the pointer, Marlowe.  Now I just need help to decipher
it.  :-)

I'm a bit confused.  How does one convert old US data to 6%?  I see a
table of conversion factors, but to determine the right conversion
factor you need the time to maturity and the coupon rate.  Are US
bonds always 30 yrs to maturity, or is it 30 yrs to maturity at the
end of the contract, or...?  How do you figure the coupon rate?

I've got some old US data I'd like to convert, but I don't see how to
do it from this website...

Gary