Re: The Old Trader and The Sea

  • To: DonC <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: The Old Trader and The Sea
  • From: Charles Kaucher <steinbr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 12:00:40 -0800

At 10:32 AM 11/21/99 -0800, DonC wrote:
>>Subject:           Re: TS4 - TS2K interchange question
>>    Date:          Sat, 20 Nov 1999 12:36:14 -0500
>>    From:          Charles Kaucher <steinbr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>      To:          grisham@xxxxxxxxxxx, Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>>... snip ...
>>
>>Charles Kaucher
>>
>>If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and
>>don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the
>>endless immensity of the sea. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
>
>So does this mean that we can develop trading expertise by longing for
>piles and piles of money ???

Good to hear from you.  IT has been a long time.

Touche!

Here is a rough translation.

If you want to build an empire, don't drum up people to collect data and
don't assign them tasks and work,  but rather teach them to long for
endless wealth and buy your system.

Charles Kaucher
mailto:steinbr@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't underestimate the power of emotion to undermine logic.