Re: Optimized sys. diff results diff stocks.

It has been my belief that a system should work from one stock to another
without changing the inputs.  I would like to know if this is a rule that
might be incorrect sometimes.  Does anyone use a system that they optimize
for each stock or other symbol and find it acceptable to trade over time.

My thinking is that if a system is optimized for a single stock and works
well as new data comes in RT then eventually when the stock's trading
pattern changes just optimized again on more current data.  If this is so
and the system works for several months with no changes is it viable or am I
kidding myself on this.  Yes the system works on a broad range of inputs but
there is significant difference from one stock to another in the best range
of inputs.

Here is where I am and my logic.  I built a system based on Up trend is true
if retracements are less than up legs.  If so and the stock reverses to the
upside it goes long.  If the stock makes a peak it exits.  Yes you miss up
moves if the stock doesn't have a retracement.  I watch lots of stocks to
make up for this.

The short sell system is the same thing turned around.

I have optimized the system for each stock and for each time frame I chart
the stock on.  My thinking is each stock has different cycles and I want the
most profit from each swing.  The system is a screen for strong stocks and
stocks that lend themselves to the system.   What I am after is to only
trade the stocks that optimize out with the following criteria.

1. Either high percentage of successful trades or high win loss ratio
2. Losses on bad entries are small and less than the average winning trade
3. The largest win is not nearly all of the net profit

I am using 60 minute charts to trade and I watch daily and 10 minute charts
to calm myself on the daily and get my blood pressure up on the 10 minute
charts.  I want the biggest bang for my extremely margined buck.  I buy only
one or two stocks at a time. If I am stopped out I will buy as much as my
account will allow on the next buy signal.  Stops kick in so fast that
losses are still kept small on the larger position.

I optimized all stocks about a month ago and signals are still right on.
Yes I know the market has been up for a month but the short side is working
also.  The system is really two separate systems one for long and another
for short.

I am attaching two system reports on the last two stocks I traded.  If they
don't optimize at least this well I don't trade them.

I am very interested in any input before I either get rich or go broke.

Thanks,

Jimmy