TS4 EL problem with Average

With TS2k promising to allow long charts, I've been looking at some
moderately long data series in TS4 using indicators that have run well
for many months on shorter data lengths.

I have seen an error associated with the function 'Average'. < 3000 bars
has run Ok for many months. When I chart more than about 3300 bars, I get
TS4 error messages. (1) "Memory error - too many variables or arrays
used". Click OK, then (2) "Link error - variables and arrays cannot be
passed to function Average".

If I try to modify the length, TS tells me it is not verified, go to the
editor and verify it. I do, with NO changes in the study, but cannot mod
it unless I delete the study and add again.

Average is used only once in the study:
slope[x] = Average ( Slope[x], Avlen)
where slope[x ] is an array[4] that can range from 1 to 4 only - hardly
what I'd call too many variables. However, if I comment out this line I
don't get the problem.

The study does not need the slope calc and can be eliminated. The rest of
the study is a bit complex and computationally intensive - it takes about
2-3 minutes to calculate the 3300 bars. I cannot use these long studies
because if there are several, the computation is just too time-comsuming,
and TS4 balks if run in real time.

Any idea what the 'Average' problem might be, or what these errors mean?

Thanks,

Larry