Re: multimonitor trading set up: Celeron vs. AMD K6-3

From: M. Simms <prosys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Dr. Hermansen <lahermansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Larry Wright
<lwright@xxxxxxxxxx>; <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 08, 1999 2:38 PM
Subject: RE: multimonitor trading set up: Celeron vs. AMD K6-3

> Isn't the Celeron processor a bit deficient as far as FPPU goes (FLoating
> Point Processor Unit) relative to the Pentium II/III and AMD K6-3 series
of
> chips and chipsets ???

The Celeron and the PII are IDENTICAL, minus the big cache. What I have been
able to gather from comments from true experts is that this is one of the
reasons the Celerons are so overclockable, i.e., the cache on "real" Petiums
causes overclocking problems.

> I am not sure if Tsi2000 is taking advantage (or CAN take advantage) of
any
> special hardware in the area of floating point calculations ??

I am no expert on the internals of TS, but I can tell you that I have
written .dll's that accept floating point values from TS. Therefore...

Regards,

Ivan