Re: TS 2000 Service Pack 3 unstable

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Chris Baker wrote:

> Service Pack 3 has crashed NT four times today, so far, and crashed TS 2000
> Charting twice.

I installed SP3 yesterday. I have had more than *10* Charting crashes
today - and not even noon! New problems I haven't seen before. It is
almost unusable. So far, no NT crashes, though, but I'm running
*off-line*.

Judging from the lloooonnnnggg wait on the phone, I'd say there are
problems with SP3 :-). Finally gave up.... If this keeps up, my phone bill
is going to be bigger than the upgrade price :-(((.

Isn't it fun having to *pay Omega* to Beta test TS2k???

> This is far worse than anything I experienced with Service
> Pack 2.

My experience also...

Side note: In checking the 'old' problems (I'm not done yet - it would go
faster if TS2k would keep running :-), NONE of the problems I found in SP2
has gone away. Not good news - just many more hours on the phone to try
and fix the same old problems.

First impression: SP3 has been a step backward. More and more, it seems
that SP15 might be a reasonable target...

Larry