Caution - TS4 with 'big' charts

I have a problem with dates/times this morning, perhaps caused by the time
change. I applied the 'restart everything' fix that OR suggests, but have
run into another problem.

I have some workspaces that have the max number of data bars/chart, and
the max number of charts / workspace. Also, these particular charts use
very computation-intensive indicators, and take a loooonnngg time to open
up. I am finding that I cannot open these pages without crashing TS4 when
TS is running RT. I normally open these in off-hours, and have had no
problems doing so. This is the first time I have tried to open them during
RT operation, and apparently it cannot be done.

The problem occurs ONLY if I have an ES 1-tick chart open, gives an error
message of "unable to send RT tick" for symbol ES, which then crashes
charting. ES has a large tick rate, and TS seems to store ticks in some
buffer while the chart is opening(after opening, there is a large 'burst'
of update activity on the 1-tick chart). If it takes too long to open,
perhaps the buffer overflows. I *can* open all other pages OK in RT, but
NOT the 'big' ones.

[If it is a buffer problem: HEY - OMEGA - make the buffer larger :-)]

Anyone else ever seen this one?

I am especially concerned with TS2k, which may uses the same technique.
If so, it may be subject to the same problem. Since TS2k is billed as
able to handle larger tasks, this may be a more common error as folks try
larger charts.

Larry