Re: TS2K and WIndows NT Fatal Error

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Howard Jackson wrote:

> Well, I have WinNT SP4 and TS2ki SP2 with collection
> templates for all nasdaq and nyse, All sp and bonds
> futures contracts, and a few stock option roots with
> no problems...

I don't have *that* error either, but I *do* have others that also crash
TS2k. In discussions with Omega, it would seem that there are few reports
of these 'isolated' crashes. This is worrisome, because there are probably
quite a few of these, and because not very many folks report them, they
have a low priority, and may not get fixed for a LONG TIME. It would seem
they have plenty to do with the frequently-mentioned problems.

> So it must be something you have that I don't that is
> causing the crash...

Indeed this may be true. I have tried on a few occasions to try to
establish, via this list, what the differences might be. We will NEVER
hear this from Omega, but knowing the difference, and fixing it when
possible, might help quite a few folks to avoid problems.

Case in point is the need for NT. Omega staunchly insisted TS2k would not
need NT, but the experiences discussed by folks on this list made it
apparent that using NT is, for all practical purposes, necessary for
TS2k.

Let us try to help each other avoid as many problems as we can. Don't just
say "I'm not having the problem". Although it does help establish that
problem as an 'intermittent' one, it does not help the person with the
problem. If you *do* have some idea why you are having fewer problems,
*please* tell us why that is. Hey - I've got the computer cover half-off
already :-).

Thanks,

Larry