G400

G400 is great, easy to use, hard to find, and limited to 1280x1024 on
the second monitor.  In NT you must select the same resolution on both
monitors and unless you are nuts or subscribing to the wrong list you
need to run NT.  If you want higher resolution you will need to go with
high end Appian (they have a new model coming out) or go with multiple
high performance cards. ( I also use 2 Matrox millenium II's in an NT
workstation at 1600 on each monitor. Very simple and works great.
Unfortunately millenium was discontinued, but there are other brands
that have solutions).  In a few weeks, windows 2000 will be out and  it
will have support for multiple monitors the way Win98 does--you can use
several cards from different manufacturers.  If you don't want to
experiment with Win2000, use NT and pick Appian or G400 depending on the
resolution you want to run.  With the right drivers, I think you could
run a G400 in the same system as a Millenium II and use 3 monitors, but
please confirm with Matrox tech support.  I haven't tried it (yet)!

John