Re: PGTrend for TS2000

  • To: PGREC@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: PGTrend for TS2000
  • From: Bob Fulks <bfulks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 06:54:18 -0700

>Thank You! Is there some place I can go on the web for an explanation of the
>system and inputs?

I assume you saw my previous post about how the system works. I added
a description of the inputs in the code below. This code is what is
in the ELA I posted.

Bob Fulks

{ *******************************************************************

    System:      PG_osc_sys3

    Last Edit:   10/26/99

    Coded By:    Bob Fulks

                 on the Omega List, PG_osc_sys1, simplified by Mark Jurik.
                 I added input parameters for the key parameters.

    Inputs:
                 EntLevel:   Trigger level for entry
                 ExLevel:    Trigger level for exit
                 Length1:    Length for Average of Close
                 Length2:    Length for smoothing TrueRange

Input: EntLevel(3), ExLevel(0), Length1(89), Length2(89.9090);

Vars:  MP(0), Osc(0);

MP = MarketPosition;

Osc = (Close - Average(Close, Length1)) / XAverage (TrueRange, Length2);

if MP < 1 and Osc > +EntLevel then Buy        at market ;
if MP = 1 and Osc < +ExLevel  then ExitLong   at market ;
if MP >-1 and Osc < -EntLevel then Sell       at market ;
if MP =-1 and Osc > -ExLevel  then ExitShort  at market ;