daily tick ela problem

{ts 4 bld 23}
Had a recent data file corruption/loss issue over the weekend where i lost
all INTRAday data; i.e., all tick data, as well as 7 mos of daily data...

when I downloaded some eod data from bmi, i found i could not reproduce an
indicator i rely upon for longer term systems which ran on daily and weekly
data.

this may seem a bit ridiculous, but after 5 years at this game, i realized
that eod data does not contain 'tick' data for the day(cannot be accessed),
right, UNLESS i have have been collecting intraday tick data for the same
symbol??? obviously. just never occurred to me.

ex. i wish to plot some derivative of upticks vs downticks for a daily
bar... i found i could NOT do this until i transferred in tick data from
another machine. Now what happens here? when I open a daily chart, does the
indicator then 'read' the TICK data base to derive its DAILY plot? and if
there isn't , ts plots a flat line?  i don't understand the process.

in any event need a CLEAN & FAST source of intraday tick data please... am
short late fri and nothing works here so feel like am in a boat in the
middle of ocean parable...

waaaay too late monday nite

many thanx lee
PS macadamia nuts to best reply