Re: Server Time Change

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, hans esser wrote:

> and here is the REAL question - I have myself not changed anything neither
> way on my machine
>
>  -> server shows -300 instead of -240 BUT all my charts started fine and show
> the good time scale on the bottom....... what did I miss ?

I seem to be OK too - the question is why? Is there a lurking time bomb
waiting?

I saw a note here Sunday, changed NYSE to 5th Sun, waited a long time for
TS to update charts, and all the charts were wrong. I reset NYSE *back* to
'last Sun', again waited. (Had a timeout for a flood emergency and just
now getting back.)

It seems to have run OK today. Chart start and ends have correct times.
Server shows right times on ticks. All the data seems to be OK.
TS4/b23
Settings:
GMT -300 min (this is supposed to be wrong)
All exchanges (incl NYSE) are on Last Sun.

Possible differences:
I DO NOT run an update (a leftover from Y2k)
I have NOT rebooted, or closed, either TS or the server

Could the difference in my case be due to one or both of these? Anyone
else with OK data and supposedly bad settings also not do one/both of
these?

I'm tempted to leave it as is, but does anyone see a timebomb? I would
normally close all, do a backup, and restart next weekend. Wonder if it
will start OK then...

Curious(ly),

Larry