Re: Server Time Change

There were other problems with the method I posted previously so this
reflects what I now understand to be the recommended process in
detail.

----------

For TradeStation 4.0, Build 23, I made changes in
the Server under "Tools", "Exchange Universe Setup":

Close TradeStation (You do not have to close TradeStation but if you
do not, it takes a lot of time to update charts after each change to
each exchange.)

Omega recommends using the Offline Server but I had no troubles with
the Online Server

for <each_exchange> begin
    Select <XXXX Exchange>
    Click "Edit Exchange"
    Click "Edit Daylight Savings"
    Under "Switch to Non Daylight Savings" click on "Week, Day of Month"
    Set to "Fifth Sunday of October"
    Click OK
    Click OK
end;  {Repeat for all exchanges}

Click Close

Make sure you include the New York Stock Exchange even if you do not
use it. (This setting is used by the Server to display the value at
the bottom of the Server window)

Re-start TradeStation.

All seems well to me.

This also works for 2000 since that October also has five
Sundays so the normal settings will not work again next year.

I found that if I left TradeStation open while doing this, it took
time to update the charts on each change. If I closed TradeStation
prior to making the changes then reopened TradeStation, there were no
delays.

Does this look correct?

Bob Fulks