Re: bouncing ticks - the BIG COMBO answer

Dear Mr. Orphelin, (please excuse the omission of Dr. in case you are a
PhD.)

I admit I wasn't surprised when you indicated that you didn't want to hear
what I had to say about the TradeStation 2000i review in TASC having no
individual listed in the byline.  What did surprise me, however was that
when I visited your website, I see that you are a scientist; Chemistry and
Physics.

In obtaining my BS in Chemistry from UC Berkeley, California (1981), the
main thrust of the scientific method seemed to be that scientists should
consider all the facts before reaching a conclusion.  I believe this was one
of the reasons for performing lab experiments.

For example, in organic chemistry, the amount of product in a reaction is
generally not 100% of what is indicated by a balanced chemical equation on
paper.  There is usually some reactant left over and in fact created by the
equilibrium formed between reactants and products.

In my opinion, using ProSuite 2000i end of day to draw conclusions about the
efficacy of ProSuite 2000i real time is like looking at a chemical equation
on paper and drawing the conclusion that the equilibrium of the equation
lies 100% to the right.  Or, for that matter, making any statement or
conclusion about where the equilibrium lies without actually doing the
experiment, in my opinion.

Since you have been teaching physics and chemistry for the past 15 years, as
indicated on your website, and it has been a long time since I have studied
chemistry, could you please show me the error in my logic.

Gratefully,
Stu Evens
ex TASC staff writer