RE: triple top/bottom - Famous Quotes

> Subject:           RE: CL_Re: triple top/bottom
>    Date:           Thu, 21 Oct 1999 14:31:40 -0500
>    From:           "M. Simms" <prosys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>      To:           "Nixon(MLS)" <mbjp57@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <he96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>          "Code-List" <code-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Gang -
>Ever consider modifying the Head-and-Shoulders code that comes with TSi2000 ?
>
>I know that pattern recognition using EL is tough, but apparently Omega made
>an attempt at it..
>
>I have not had the time to analyze the technique or the "leeway" parameters.

Here's a nice famous saying :

 `Everything is vague to a degree you do not realize until
 you have tried to make it precise.' Bertrand Russell

Pattern recognition per se is not too difficult when dealing with
the absolutes of O, H, L, C.  But as Hans Esser observed:

	it goes down to 1280 back to 1290
	.....down to 1282 back to 1305
	...down to 12??..... and how much HIGHER until
	you want to call it a tripple bottom ?

You can try adding percent variances ("leeway"), but then the market
will fall just outside THOSE limits.   That darn market.

donc